Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Mac and I go mountain climbing




I noticed that there are two charging stations at the top of Stevens Pass so I decided to see how Mac does with mountain climbing. It is about 52 miles to the top with an elevation gain of over 4000 feet. The last 15 miles or so were very steep. I was able to maintain about 50-55MPH, but the temperature gauge was starting to go up, and the battery gauge started to plummet. I was already way past the point of turning around, and was worried that I may not make it. I arrived with no problem, and 30% of my battery Pac still left. I plugged in, and walked around for a while and enjoyed the snow, and sunshine. I was quite surprised at how well Mac handled the climb.



The trip back was a blast. I went a long way just coasting. The trip back used only 30% of my pack. I knew it would use less, but not that much less.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! It looks like a nice place to charge-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the chargers are mounted to a ski lift chair.

    ReplyDelete