Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Charge times

I love the fact that I can charge the Triac with both 110, and 220. The 110 allows me to plug in anywhere, but the 220 is far better.
With 110 it takes quite a long time. Green Vehicles told me for a full charge it would take about 20 hours. With my driving I have not run mine down much below 50% so charging with 110 was working as long as I plugged in right when I got home. If you do the math that works out to be about 5 miles of charge an hour.
The 220 takes about 4-5 hours. if you figure 5 hours that is 20 miles of charge an hour.
Someone pointed out to me that the best place to find a 220 outlet on the road is at an RV park. It never occurred to me that that would be an easy access point. The plug is probably different so I would have to have a new cord made up for it. The new cord would only need to be about 6 inches long. Just long enough to change from my plug to a different one. I have no idea how much they would charge though. most people think because it is 220 that it uses a lot of electricity. I am guessing it costs me between $2.00 to $2.50 to charge up. I would like to think they would not charge more that $10.00 to let me charge up.
I will try and get the dimensions, tire size, and weight posted soon.

1 comment:

  1. If you need an adapter - I recommend this guy:

    http://www.evnut.com/charger_adapters.htm

    ReplyDelete